Phase 1: Idea
When evaluating an opportunity to invest
and work with, there are 4 critical categories that we focus
- Management – is there experience,
drive, integrity and capability found in the team.
- Governance – is there an Advisory
Board and/or Board of Directors set up for added strength,
value and support.
- Other Investors – who are the
current investors and why were they interested in the business.
- The Business – is there a clear
idea, a big opportunity, a problem worth solving and can
the business create a technological advantage that creates
2: Do we believe?
Why do we like the opportunity?
- Is the new business idea strategic
to the existing companies in our portfolio?
- Are we as excited about the business
concept as the management team?
- Does the business plan make economic
- Can we answer “why” we
like this investment?
- How does this business create value?
Phase 3: We believe!
In this phase, we engage in the Financial
- Stress Test Modeling
- Challenge the management team’s
- What is our financial tolerance?
- Has the management team identified
what they need most from any new investor?
- Confirm that we are committed to this
Phase 4: Validation.
- Does the investment validate OUR plan
and create value to our portfolio?
- Does our long-term vision marry with
- Will the management team carry out
- What have other current investors
said about the team and the business?
- Do the managers have a track record
- Have the managers proven that they
will conduct business of the highest integrity?
Phase 5: Invest.
- Identify milestones and goals?
- Identify immediate challenges.
- Establish road map to get to finish
- Detail how ZIG Capital adds value
to assist in achieving success.
to contact page and business plan submission.